1. For not stopping me or Anuj from doing our version of WWE, because you believed in having fun.
1. A. For rushing me late in the night to a doctor for getting stitches around my eye-brow; a result of a misdirected Flying Kick.
2. For working long hours in remote locations.
3. For buying us 100s of NBT books that made me fall in love with words.
4. For introducing me to the world of dogs.
5. For introducing me to the world of cricket.
6. For playing long hours of cricket with me; bowling fast enough to challenge; but slow enough not to hurt.
7. For buying half a dozen cricket bats and a hundred balls.
8. Thank you for telling me to dream big.
9. Thank you for the occasional whacks on the backside.
10. Thank you for the yummy chicken and the big ice-cream bricks, watermelon juice and for every time you stepped into the kitchen.
11. Thank you for the bear hugs in which you lifted both of us AND mom in a true show of ‘My Daddy Strongest’!
12. Thank you for inculcating healthy eating habits.
13. Thank you for teaching yoga.
14. Thank you for teaching the value of hard work.
15. Thank you for never comparing the two of us, and for shutting up anyone who did.
16. Thank you for taking up BIG projects as an administrator. Those were mightily inspiring!
17. Thank you for the early morning walks, the trip to Rajasthan and the trip to Goa.
18. Thank you for saving my fingers, when as a 2 year old, I tried poking my finger into a revolving unit of a scooter engine.
19. Thank you for setting up an example.
20. Thank you for the ‘distant telephone coaching’ which lead to Anuj getting rank 1 and me getting rank 6 in an All India UN competition.
21. Thank you without a reason.
22. Thank you for shifting to Chandigarh because those were the crucial years for CLAT preparations.
23. Thank you for the gazillion other sacrifices which require a book.
24. Thank you for being a non-vegetarian. Shebaz’s Chilly Chicken is amazing.
25. Thank you for the 80 gazillion tonnes of 24 carat encouragement.
26. Thank you for taking care of us all.
27. Thank you for giving us an utterly butterly great education.
28. Thank you for the most awesome birthday parties in town.
29. Thank you for being the chef, the caretaker, magician, performer in chief and dancer in the said parties.
30. Thank you.
31. Thank you for the lessons in Freedom Struggle of India.
32. Thank you for the models of Heart and Brain and sorry that I didn’t become a doctor.
33. Thank you for the Maps of India and the Competition Success Review.
34. Thank you for being the world’s most enthusiastic photographer.
35. Thank you for sending my poem’s to The Tribune and to Mr. Khushwant Singh.
36. Thank you for teaching the value of family.
37. Thank you for Anuj
38. Thank you for Mom (Renu Kalia).
Happy Father’s Day!